Careers at Sweepr
Senior Product Designer
Anywhere! - Remote work friendly
January 31, 2021
About the company
At Sweepr we are helping our clients to evolve the digital relationships they have with their customers through highly personalised automation of the customer service experience. Such automation can deliver a range of efficiency, scalability and UX advantages but it cannot be at the cost of understanding a customer’s needs or missing the opportunity to educate them on all that our clients have to offer. Only when customers feel they are being spoken to in a way that understands their individual needs will automated digital interactions be the customer engagement mode of choice. Sweepr is helping our clients to achieve that transformation.
Sweepr is committed to creating a workplace culture based on equality, dignity and diversity, where differences are welcomed and each employee feels valued and respected. We believe that a diverse workforce is one in which different perspectives and backgrounds can be used to provide not only the energy and creativity that will drive our work but also make our workers feel free from the pressures of having to “fit in”. Employees at Sweepr will be free to be themselves. This philosophy applies not only to workers of different ethnicity but also workers from neurodiverse and LGBTQIA+ backgrounds. Sweepr will be a supportive environment where you will be treated with dignity and respect.
About the role
This role requires the designer to take full ownership of the Sweepr Product visual design and UX. This ranges from our suite of design and management tools to the end-consumer Interaction experience.
The product designer will work closely with product management and our team of architects, software developers and QA engineers to design the evolution of the tools that power the Sweepr platform and the interaction primitives that power the end consumer experience. The right candidate will enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team in an innovative new product and will embrace the challenge of working in a fast-moving company as it continues to grow rapidly.
As Product Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design effort for our core Product offering. This will require you to:
• Work with product management, architects and senior management to define our Product vision, breaking this down from a concept into a series of compelling designs that meet a high bar of usability and practicality
• Translate Product concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and innovative user experiences
• Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
• Help to validate and refine product direction from micro (user stories and usability) to macro (roadmap and strategy) by gathering feedback from users
• Identify design problems and devise intuitive solutions
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
• Take responsibility for the overall product UX design process, quality of work, and accuracy of output to meet with product needs
• At least 5 years in a similar UX designer role
• A portfolio that shows you've worked on a range of Products, ideally covering both Enterprise software users as well as end Consumer users
• Demonstrated visual design sensibilities in applying brand to digital experiences
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
• Have a keen eye for detail and take pride in your work being free from errors
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS
• Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software environment
• Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Axure, UX Pin, InVision) to produce wireframes and low to high-fidelity prototypes
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
• Experience with mobile design patterns and creating high-fidelity prototypes