Careers at Sweepr
Senior UX Designer
Anywhere! - Remote work friendly
December 20, 2020
About the company
At Sweepr we are helping our clients to evolve the digital relationships they have with their customers through highly personalised automation of the customer service experience. Such automation can deliver a range of efficiency, scalability and UX advantages but it cannot be at the cost of understanding a customer’s needs or missing the opportunity to educate them on all that our clients have to offer. Only when customers feel they are being spoken to in a way that understands their individual needs will automated digital interactions be the customer engagement mode of choice. Sweepr is helping our clients to achieve that transformation.
Sweepr is committed to creating a workplace culture based on equality, dignity and diversity, where differences are welcomed and each employee feels valued and respected. We believe that a diverse workforce is one in which different perspectives and backgrounds can be used to provide not only the energy and creativity that will drive our work but also make our workers feel free from the pressures of having to “fit in”. Employees at Sweepr will be free to be themselves. This philosophy applies not only to workers of different ethnicity but also workers from neurodiverse and LGBTQIA+ backgrounds. Sweepr will be a supportive environment where you will be treated with dignity and respect.
About the role
The job of a Senior UX Designer is to bring to life a delightful, compelling and truly helpful self-service experience. In this role, you’ll be an enabler of people – even those who most companies insist won’t or can’t use technology – and give them experiences that are so tailored to their needs that they return to them, again and again. If you’re right for our team, your amazing designs will be showcased, in concert with the work of collaborators, such as UX researchers, content developers, engineers and product management.
A Senior UX Designer at Sweepr works closely with clients, building relationships and communicating effectively with stakeholders of varying seniority levels. The ideal candidate will have a strong design background with experience in communicating design process, justification and evidence for design decisions to a variety of different stakeholders.
The right candidate will embrace the challenge of working in a fast moving company as it continues to grow rapidly.
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design effort for our customer facing projects. This will involve:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and innovative user experiences.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Help to validate and refine product direction from micro (user stories and usability) to macro (roadmap and strategy) by gathering feedback from users.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant and thoughtful solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members and stakeholders. In particular, you will work closely alongside our technology consultant to deliver designs to a deadline.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Run workshops and presentations to gather feedback and communicate your designs both internally and with clients.
- Develop new frameworks, design practices and methods for tackling challenges to accelerate delivery.
- Liaise directly with client teams and play a key role in delivering high levels of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
- Take responsibility for the overall design process, quality of work, and accuracy of output to meet with client needs.
- At least 5 years in a similar UX designer role.
- A portfolio that shows you've worked on a range of customer-facing projects, particularly in the mobile space.
- Demonstrated visual design sensibilities in applying brand to digital experiences.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Have a keen eye for detail and take pride in your work being free from errors.
- The ability to travel internationally is essential and will be on an as-needed basis to support the growth of the business (we anticipate this to be approx. 15% of the time travelling).
Ideally you will have the following skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software environment.
- Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Axure, UX Pin, InVision) to produce wireframes and low to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Experience with mobile design patterns and creating high-fidelity prototypes.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with a diverse and geographically-distributed team.
- Experienced working with motion and animation tools e.g. After Effects and creating lottie animations.
- Experienced working with voice UI and other multimodal platforms.
This role will be based in Ireland or the UK but is remote-working friendly. The role may involve travel to client locations as needed globally.
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio, and a convincing cover letter demonstrating why you are the best candidate for the role.