Updated and effective as of May 2020
Table of Contents
- Data Collected
- Data Processing
- Retention Time
- User Rights
We have developed this privacy statement because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal details when you visit or use the sweepr.com website. We respect your right to privacy. We treat as confidential all the personal information you give to us. By using the Sweepr website or by registering as a user of any services provided by Sweepr Technologies Limited (“Sweepr”), you agree to our use of your data as set out below.
This website collects some personal data from its users.
Owner and Data Controller
Sweepr Technologies Ltd.
26-28 Lombard St E,
Dublin, D02 V272,
Owner contact email: email@example.com
2. Data Collected
You have the option to register on the sweepr.com website where you will need to provide us with some personal details (“Data”) to complete registration. This may include your name, address, email address, organisation, telephone contact number, personal description and images.
We may also collect, and our third party providers of newsletters, adverts and content may collect information about where you are on the internet (e.g the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .ie and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”).
3. Data processing
3.1 Methods of processing
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Owners should note that, while Sweepr makes all commercial efforts (use of encryption) to protect our customers’ privacy, customers should be aware that information disclosed while connected to the Internet is transferred to the Sweepr servers over a publicly available telecommunications network. Sweepr cannot be held responsible, and accept no liability, for unauthorised access to the public network beyond its reasonable control and all information provided by customers is done entirely at the customers’ own risk.
3.2 Uses of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Administer our website services including reporting;
- Inform you of products and services relevant to your needs;
- Studies, research and development;
- Customer surveys;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Where required by law or in connection with legal proceeding or disputes;
- Any other uses set out in the terms and conditions for use of our services.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
Data made be shared with third parties as follows:
Mailing list/Newsletter: This type of service allows Users to interact with data collection platforms or other services directly from the pages of this Website for saving and reusing data. In particular, Sweepr may use these services for the capture and management of email notification lists. If one of these services is installed, it may collect browsing and Usage Data in the pages where it is installed, even if the Users do not actively use the service.
MailChimp widget (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.)
The MailChimp widget is a service for interacting with the MailChimp email address management and message sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group LLC.
Managing Support and contact: This type of service allows this Website to manage support and contact requests received via email or by other means, such as the contact form. The Personal Data processed depend on the information provided by the User in the messages and the means used for communication (e.g. email address).
Backup: This type of service allows the Owner to save and manage backups of this Website on external servers managed by the service provider itself. The backups may include the source code and content as well as the data that the User provides to this Website.
This list may be updated from time to time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Retention Time
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn.
Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
5. User rights
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data or text file sent by a website to the browser on your computer or mobile device when you are visiting a website. It consists of anonymous information, including a unique user identifier. When you navigate between pages on a website or revisit a website, the cookie is sent back from your browser to the website, to enable the website to remember your browser and whether you have entered personalised details or preferences on that website before.
We use Mailchimp Landing Pages to serve up marketing thought-leadership. The Track with Mailchimp cookies associated with these pages are used for analytic purposes to provide information on the number of unique visits to the page and completed download forms.
3rd Party Cookies
Some cookies may be set on our website that are not related to sweepr.com, for instance if you visit a page with content embedded from a social media site such as Twitter or LinkedIn. These services may set their own cookies. Sweepr does not control the use of these cookies. If you have any doubts, check the third party websites for their cookie policies
How to control cookies
Most web browsers give you some control over cookies through the browser settings. However, turning cookies off may interfere with your browsing experience.
For instructions on how to manage and disable cookies, see the privacy and help documentation of your specific browser’s website. If you use more devices and/or browsers you will need to disable cookies on each device and on each browser separately.
For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit: www.aboutcookies.org